About the BfR Academy
The BfR Academy belongs to the Risk Communication department at the German Federal Institute for Risk Assessment (BfR). The BfR is the scientific institution of the Federal Republic of Germany which prepares expert reports and opinions on questions of food and feed safety, as well as the safety of chemicals and products. In doing so, the Institute plays an important role in the improvement of consumer protection and food safety.
In close cooperation with the other departments and units at the BfR, the BfR Academy conceives and organises many different national and international events every year:
- Scientific conferences, congresses and symposiums
- Discussions with experts and specialists
- The BfR Consumer Protection Forum series on current topics from the field of consumer health protection
- BfR Stakeholder Conferences on overriding socio-political topics
- Further training events on a national and international level
- Information events and trade fair presentations
- New formats for special target groups
A direct dialogue with players from science, politics, trade and industry, associations, NGOs, the media and the general public is entered into at BfR Academy events. The further development of the scientific and social dialogue on topics related to consumer health protection is part of risk communication at the BfR.