Welcome to the 7th BfR-Summer Academy on Risk Assessment and Risk Communication in the area of Food Safety in Berlin!
The course will be conducted by highly qualified and experienced BfR-scientists as well as external experts with profound and long standing experience in risk assessment of chemical or microbial risks. The 7th BfR-Summer Academy is intended for the members of staff of public organisations engaged in food and feed safety, who have already experience in risk assessment analysis. The participants will acquire practical risk assessment analysis and gain deeper understanding in risk communication measures. Consequently this BfR-Summer Academy is from professionals to professionals.
The first BfR-Summer Academy was held in 2012. In the last six years more than 180 participants from over 50 different countries took part in this professional training. The BfR-Summer Academy will be open to participants from public institutes engaged in risk assessment of food and feed.
Requirements of participation
The language of the BfR-Summer Academy is English and we aim to have a Summer Academy on expert level. Please ask yourself if you fulfil the following requirements:
- You have an academic background in biology, chemistry, medicine, veterinary medicine, toxicology or other relevant discipline
- You have already comprehensive professional experience in risk assessment analysis
- You have a very good command of the English language (equivalent to the Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English [CAE] or TOEFL®)
- You have a working knowledge of standard office software, especially "spread sheet analyses" (e.g. MS Excel, OpenOffice.org Calc)
- You have a basic knowledge of statistics (e.g. distribution types, variance)
The 7th BfR-Summer Academy will be held at the "Park Plaza Wallstreet Hotel Berlin". Fees for the two-week BfR-Summer Academy including hotel costs, breakfast and lunch are 2300 Euro. Included is also a welcome-dinner on the first evening and social events. The number of participants is limited to 40.
The 7th BfR-Summer Academy 2018 is fully booked.
German Federal Institute for Risk Assessment
Max-Dohrn-Str. 8 – 10
For all questions please contact: email@example.com
Park Plaza Wallstreet Berlin
Wallstraße 23 – 24